Navigator Marathon Gallet & Co.

« Older   Newer »

1. sly58
        +1   -1

Senator

Group

Status
    Come vi dissi tempo fa ho provato a mandare una mail a Marathon esponendo alcuni dei nostri dubbi sulle versioni 90/91/92.
    Oggi mi hanno risposto, che ha già del miracoloso, e tal Sig Dickson ha ribattuto punto per punto con brevi risposte alle mie domande.
    Non è stato completamente risolutivo ma è già meglio di nulla, qualche tassello in più lo abbiamo.
    Se chiudete un occhio sull' inglese alla Alberto Sordi :D qui di seguito vi allego l'estratto principale della mail escludendo inutili cappelli e code.

I recently did a search on the models still marked Adanac in versions 86 and 88.

Now I'd like to have some more certainty about issues already marked Marathon, those of 90 and 91 as from what I could find on the net is a bit 'of confusion.

For example:

What movement was mounted? Harley 404 (Harley is now owned by Ronda)

Since we used the narrow crown instead of the large?Can you please be more specific?

Why many watches have the hands bent ? to fit another movement? I’m not sure if I understand the question.

Besides versions 90 and 91 the production of these beautiful Navigator continued officially even 92? No the production stopped.

The reissues made in 2000 but dated 1991 on the back are still one of your original product?Yes for the cases, movement was ISA Quartz.

How can we distinguish a really Marathon Navigator 90 or 91 actually assigned to aviation by one or assembled after a reissue? Yes they were all issued to the military.

On your site in the historical pages is published a picture of a Navigator with indexes in Maraglo and narrow crown. It was a prototype or was actually marketed.?It was the version before we added tritium tubes to the dial and hands before 1990.

Dickson Ly

Marathon Watch Company

T: 905-764-9420

Toll Free: 1-800-822-4329

Certo poteva dirci qualcosa in più ma per lo meno ora abbiamo la conferma, come era prevedibile, che l'esemplare da cui è partita la discussione, quello con gli indici Maraglo è esistito ed era l'anello di congiunzione tra gli Adanac ed in quadranti moderni con le fiale. Certo devono averne fatti pochini.
    Alcune domande non le ha capite , ma ora sappiamo comunque che le riedizioni , che tra l'altro ho scoperto avere per lo più casse del 90,sono originali a tutti gli effetti e che dopo gli apparentemente pochi esemplari punzonati 92 la produzione dell'epoca destinata alle forze armate è cessata per riprendere nel 2000 con le già citate riedizioni.
    Appena avrò news mi rifarò vivo ma confido nell'apporto di qualche possessore dei menzionati 90/91/92 per avere qualche testimonianza in più.
    saluti :)

30 replies since 14/3/2015, 21:49   3184 views