Zelos - topic dedicato al marchio

« Older   Newer »

1.     -1   +1   -1

Master Forumer Column

Group
    Bannato da O&P

Status
    Cari amici forumisti, il marchio Zelos è ormai una realtà affermata a livello mondiale nel panorama dei cosiddetti microbrand; modelli come Hammerhead e/o Helmsman hanno reso i prodotti di Mr. Helshan famosi in tutto il mondo ed anche qui in Italia.
    Sul nostro forum però l'affermazione del marchio Zelos è avvenuta solo con il Mako, in particolare nella sua versione in bronzo,un modello che ha avuto subito un grande successo, tanto che dalla mia iniziale discussione è nato un forte interesse da parte di tanti forumisti, cosa che ha reso possibile la creazione del Club dedicato:

https://orologi.forumfree.it/?t=75735125

Oggi credo che sia arrivato il momento di aprire una discussione dedicata al marchio, dove poter discutere di vecchi e nuovi prodotti (mentre vi scrivo sembra che stia già per uscire almeno una novità!), mostrare i nostri acquisti, condividere informazioni sugli abbinamenti di cinturini e bracciali e, perchè no, per i nostri amati "tanto per"!

Benvenuti a tutti quindi e.... buona discussione!

Mr. Elshan Tang, creatore del marchio Zelos:

st_20150830_avmillennial_1637670_1

Edited by SoloMeccanico - 30/1/2019, 19:28

2.     +1   +1   -1

Master Forumer Column

Group
    Referenced Seller

Status
    Anonymous
    Adesso non resta che arrivare a 1000 pagine prima del topic di CW 😁

Battutacce a parte piacciono anche a me... Come anche i CW... 🤔

Che vitaccia!

Edited by Gima74 - 16/6/2018, 20:23

3.     +1   -1

Forum User

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Io ci sono :I:
    Per la foto dovete aspettare quando mi arriva... :imp:

4.     +1   -1

Master Forumer Column

Group
    Referenced Seller

Status
    Anonymous
    Mi toccherà venderne almeno un paio allora...

5.     +1   -1

Master Forumer Column

Group
    Bannato da O&P

Status
    La foto di Mr Tang che ho pubblicato è stata tratta da questo link:

www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/fas...ore-brands-grow

Con un commento in inglese (ma a mio avviso faclmente comprensibile):

"Two years ago, Mr Elshan Tang started his first watch brand. Now, he has three under his belt. The 27-year-old bachelor launched Zelos in April 2014.
    Under that brand, he launched four watch models through crowdfunding website Kickstarter, raising a total of $424,556.
    Using the profits of those models, he developed and launched another two models, Eagle and Chroma II, in January this year.
    He has sold about 1,000 Zelos watches to date.
    Inspired by his success, two friends approached him separately to start watch labels together: the more traditional, pilot watchinspired Ventus and the higher-end contemporary watch brand Vilhelm.
    Ventus was launched in April last year and Vilhelm was launched last month, both through Kickstarter.
    Mr Nop Srinara, 33, a Singaporean who holds a day job as a regional sales director for a software company, approached Mr Tang to start Vilhelm. He says: "Starting a watch brand has always been a dream of mine and I wanted to work with Elshan because he has a lot of experience in starting up and running watch brands. "

Mr Tang co-owns Ventus with Mr Shane Sim, 27, who works full time on Ventus.

The youngest of three children of a pastor father and housewife mother, Mr Tang says his love of watches started when he was 15, when he received his "first proper watch", a Seiko, from his father.
    His watch collection numbers 20, including one of each model from his own brands.
    He decided to launch his watch label because he "did not want to buy watches from mass-produced brands as the watches tend to look alike".

The National University of Singapore mechanical engineering graduate says: "I gave myself a year to see if I could get a decent income, if not I would have started looking for a job."

Zelos watches feature sporty and bold faces and use materials such as bronze and carbon fibre.
    Although carbon fibre is known to be an expensive material, Mr Tang is able to sell his watches at a lower price - from US$250 to US$820 (S$335 to S$1,100) - as he works directly with a factory in Shenzhen, China.
    Zelos is sold at Krasnaya The Watch Art Gallery in Ion Orchard and at seven watch retailers in Hong Kong.
    Mr Lucas Huang, 34, an investment manager at OCBC who has three watches from the label, says he appreciates that Zelos has fashionable, detailed and well- made mechanical watches.
    He says: "Zelos brings unique concepts for watches into the market at affordable prices. I like that it combines fine engineering skills with detailed design elements and aesthetics."
    Mr Tang plans to expand his brand internationally because "the market for new brands is much larger overseas than in Singapore".
    He declines to reveal his earnings, but says that he is "making enough to be comfortable".
    He runs Zelos by himself - he does the watch designs, marketing, customer service and shipping of packages from his family home, a five-room HDB flat in Pasir Ris.
    He ships about 20 packages a week, a number which goes up to 200 packages when there are Kickstarter orders to fulfil. Shipping destinations include the United States and Europe.

The workload for Ventus and Vilhelm is shared among his partners. Mr Tang does the design, production and marketing for Ventus and handles the manufacturing and daily operations for Vilhelm.

The prices of Ventus watches, which are sold online at www. ventuswatches.com, range from US$299 to US$399, while Vilhelm's only watch model, The Elemental, costs US$599 on Kickstarter. It will retail for US$1,300 at www. vilhelmwatches.com when the Kickstarter campaign ends at the end of this month.
    There have been many international watch brands launched on Kickstarter.
    At press time, there were about 122 watch projects on the crowdfunding site, including those that were unsuccessful, ongoing or already funded.

Mr Tang says: "Internationally, the watch market is very big. Zelos, Ventus and Vilhelm are nothing compared with the giants such as Swatch and Seiko, so there is still a lot of space to grow."

Much of what he has learnt about running a watch business has been through trial and error. For example, production for his first Kickstarter campaign was delayed by "two to three months" due to technical issues at the factory.
    He has since learnt to plan more efficiently and now designs a few watches at a time instead of spending a year on just one watch project.

He aims to put out four to six watches a year across the three brands.

He says: "Starting a watch business is harder than it looks as there are many factors to consider. A strong aesthetic sense is also crucial to bring something new and interesting to the market."
    "

6.     +1   -1

Forum User

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    A proposito di novità: ecco la foto postata da Elshan sul suo canale Facebook dove mostra uno scheletrato con ETA 6498 che dovrebbe uscire a Settembre in versione Bronzo e Titanio.
    (l'avevo già postato nell'altra discussione ma forse non si vedeva il post...)

35003721_2157621781136749_8098418861063274496_n

7.     +1   -1

Forum User

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (SoloMeccanico @ 16/6/2018, 20:28)
    La foto di Mr Tang che ho pubblicato è stata tratta da questo link:

www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/fas...ore-brands-grow

Con un commento in inglese (ma a mio avviso faclmente comprensibile):

"Two years ago, Mr Elshan Tang started his first watch brand. Now, he has three under his belt. The 27-year-old bachelor launched Zelos in April 2014.
    Under that brand, he launched four watch models through crowdfunding website Kickstarter, raising a total of $424,556.
    Using the profits of those models, he developed and launched another two models, Eagle and Chroma II, in January this year.
    He has sold about 1,000 Zelos watches to date.
    Inspired by his success, two friends approached him separately to start watch labels together: the more traditional, pilot watchinspired Ventus and the higher-end contemporary watch brand Vilhelm.
    Ventus was launched in April last year and Vilhelm was launched last month, both through Kickstarter.
    Mr Nop Srinara, 33, a Singaporean who holds a day job as a regional sales director for a software company, approached Mr Tang to start Vilhelm. He says: "Starting a watch brand has always been a dream of mine and I wanted to work with Elshan because he has a lot of experience in starting up and running watch brands. "

Mr Tang co-owns Ventus with Mr Shane Sim, 27, who works full time on Ventus.

The youngest of three children of a pastor father and housewife mother, Mr Tang says his love of watches started when he was 15, when he received his "first proper watch", a Seiko, from his father.
    His watch collection numbers 20, including one of each model from his own brands.
    He decided to launch his watch label because he "did not want to buy watches from mass-produced brands as the watches tend to look alike".

The National University of Singapore mechanical engineering graduate says: "I gave myself a year to see if I could get a decent income, if not I would have started looking for a job."

Zelos watches feature sporty and bold faces and use materials such as bronze and carbon fibre.
    Although carbon fibre is known to be an expensive material, Mr Tang is able to sell his watches at a lower price - from US$250 to US$820 (S$335 to S$1,100) - as he works directly with a factory in Shenzhen, China.
    Zelos is sold at Krasnaya The Watch Art Gallery in Ion Orchard and at seven watch retailers in Hong Kong.
    Mr Lucas Huang, 34, an investment manager at OCBC who has three watches from the label, says he appreciates that Zelos has fashionable, detailed and well- made mechanical watches.
    He says: "Zelos brings unique concepts for watches into the market at affordable prices. I like that it combines fine engineering skills with detailed design elements and aesthetics."
    Mr Tang plans to expand his brand internationally because "the market for new brands is much larger overseas than in Singapore".
    He declines to reveal his earnings, but says that he is "making enough to be comfortable".
    He runs Zelos by himself - he does the watch designs, marketing, customer service and shipping of packages from his family home, a five-room HDB flat in Pasir Ris.
    He ships about 20 packages a week, a number which goes up to 200 packages when there are Kickstarter orders to fulfil. Shipping destinations include the United States and Europe.

The workload for Ventus and Vilhelm is shared among his partners. Mr Tang does the design, production and marketing for Ventus and handles the manufacturing and daily operations for Vilhelm.

The prices of Ventus watches, which are sold online at www. ventuswatches.com, range from US$299 to US$399, while Vilhelm's only watch model, The Elemental, costs US$599 on Kickstarter. It will retail for US$1,300 at www. vilhelmwatches.com when the Kickstarter campaign ends at the end of this month.
    There have been many international watch brands launched on Kickstarter.
    At press time, there were about 122 watch projects on the crowdfunding site, including those that were unsuccessful, ongoing or already funded.

Mr Tang says: "Internationally, the watch market is very big. Zelos, Ventus and Vilhelm are nothing compared with the giants such as Swatch and Seiko, so there is still a lot of space to grow."

Much of what he has learnt about running a watch business has been through trial and error. For example, production for his first Kickstarter campaign was delayed by "two to three months" due to technical issues at the factory.
    He has since learnt to plan more efficiently and now designs a few watches at a time instead of spending a year on just one watch project.

He aims to put out four to six watches a year across the three brands.

He says: "Starting a watch business is harder than it looks as there are many factors to consider. A strong aesthetic sense is also crucial to bring something new and interesting to the market."
    "

Molto interessante...

8.     +1   +1   -1

Master Forumer Column

Group
    Bannato da O&P

Status
    Molto interessante, soprattutto la versione in titanio!

Cassa in titanio, movimento svizzero e scheletrato: non mi viene in mente alcun modello, a conferma del fatto che in Zelos, a differenza di altri marchi, non si producono omaggi....

9.     +1   -1

Master Forumer Column

Group
    Bannato da O&P

Status
    13015639_10154186916279052_6350771657923080613_n

10.     +1   -1

Senator

Group

Status
    Zelos è uno dei microbrand che trovo + interessanti, in particolare x l'Helmsman. Se avesse un bel bracciale... :ph34r:

:EM08:

11.     +1   -1

Forum User

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (sealab @ 16/6/2018, 21:09)
    Zelos è uno dei microbrand che trovo + interessanti, in particolare x l'Helmsman. Se avesse un bel bracciale... :ph34r:

:EM08:

e forse anche un altro calibro...

12.     +1   -1

Master Forumer Column

Group
    Bannato da O&P

Status
    Beh, a quanto pare a partire dal Mako ha iniziato ad usare calibri svizzeri.
    Per me invece la buona notizia è che, sempra a partire, dal Mako, le dimensioni (dametro, distanza tra le anse ecc.) sono più.... umane.

13.     +1   -1

Forum User

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (SoloMeccanico @ 16/6/2018, 21:26)
    Beh, a quanto pare a partire dal Mako ha iniziato ad usare calibri svizzeri.
    Per me invece la buona notizia è che, sempra a partire, dal Mako, le dimensioni (dametro, distanza tra le anse ecc.) sono più.... umane.

Anche questo è vero... ;)

14.     +1   -1

Advanced Senior User

Group
    Referenced Seller

Status
    Anonymous
    dello ZX1 con calibro 7750 cosa ne pensate? 43mm ma lug to lug ridotto a 49mm

15.     +1   -1

Forum User

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Bello ma per il mio polso (ed i miei gusti) troppo grande...

3085 replies since 16/6/2018, 19:11   176496 views