Previeuw of Christie's Geneva Auction 16 May 2011 with ULTRA rare Rolex!!...

« Older   Newer »

1. philippstahl
        +1   -1

User deleted

Another SUPER rare (12 only made) Rolex Ref 4113 Big size split seconde chrono will be for sale...

&

Some other rare stunners that will be auctioned by Aurel Bacs and his team...

Interesting early Monobloc 3525 WITH straight Rolex logo!! ;-)...

early 41.xxx serial...

both together...

Soon the catalogue will be online with all exceptional watches in there,
    one scoop I can already tell you guys, there will also be a ULTRA rare early
    cushion shape Patek Philippe chrono in whitegold!!! for sale.

Rg.Philipp

2.     +1   -1

Senior User

Group

Status
    Hello Philipp
    the 4113
    could it be your next wristwatch? ^_^

3. philippstahl
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (memobon @ 30/3/2011, 13:14) 
    Hello Philipp
    the 4113
    could it be your next wristwatch? ^_^

Don't think so as in my opinion the estimate of 600.000,= will most probably be doubled at the end of the bid fight
    and I'm not the type of guy spending there & that kind of money. My quest is to find one of the 10 others around...

;)

4. philippstahl
        +1   -1

User deleted

Sneak preview of 4 page spread at Christie's for the Benefit Sale for the Hillary & Tenzing Foundations,
    comes for auction at 16 May at Geneva sale, the special vintage tuned limited HTE 88/88 edition.....

&

Rg.Philipp

5.     +1   -1

Forum Divinity

Group
    Founder Members

Status
    Anonymous
    :wub: :wub: :wub:

:wub: :wub:

6.     +1   -1

Super Master Senator

Group

Status
    Watches very beautiful, interesting but impossible to buy.

7. Philip*
        +1   -1

User deleted

As I was explained, at the begining Rolex had the desire to differenciate its Oyster chronographs versus cheaper non Oysters ones (square or olive pushers) with flat text versus curved text.
    So concerning the Beyer chrono scan N°10 I quite don’t understand as the ones recently found do not have the same text configuration nor have the curved text as the regular production.
    Curved prints started in the thirties with the Zerograph (or Centregraph) and the 3181 fitted with the antique 10 1/2 produced before any 3525 Monoblocco.
    Some 1930’s dials.
    Here is an early 3181 dial fitted with caliber 10 1/2
    Then came the 3525 Monobloco also with curved text
    Here is a 3525 from the same prima era that I was proposed 3 years ago, you will notice again the regular curved print
    So my question is why this dial on this Beyer 3525 has a flat text and not a semi-circular one like the other Beyer you can see next below or like Oyster chronos produced before the Beyer one?
    Semi-circular prints were beautiful and rich in design, so why in the world Rolex would have come backward for one of his worldwide biggest dealers (Beyer) to the casual flat text much less appealing (and meant to be sold to its wealthiest customers?) No logic here.
    Another question could be why no Rolex document never ever depicted any 3525 Monoblocco with flat text?
    Then another question here is an early 3525 Bucherer's with full pedigree, why that early chrono does not have a flat text as well?
    (on the right)
    To avoid any sterile discussion I dont say these Beyer dials has issues or are refinished I just would like to know the general point of view of Italian collectors that are the more aware of vintage Rolex Chronos imho.
    The fact that the watch is early not being a valid reason as we know that earlier Oyster chronograph watches from the 30's and mid 30's had this convex text already to indicate they were Oysters. We also know that 3525 from the same era had the curved text as well.
    A prototype was mentioned again?! That of course would be the best and easiest escape via the back door as usual ;-) but for all the reasons explained above it is not.
    And lets not enter again in the printed above/under theory as some collectors verified that some double names were printed either ways.

8. philippstahl
        +1   -1

User deleted

Again, you sound confused.... ! First attack me that my straight logo is not good on VRF,
    and now asking the 'Italian Collectors' what they think about it here on O&P after you
    see that Christie's will auction exact the same type of straight logo in Geneva in May!?

Obviously mine isn't the only early 41.xxx serial with 'older' type straight Rolex Logo
    where they ADDED the OYSTER & BEYER signature on TOP of the laquer & Do you really
    think I DIDN'T already asked all my italian collector friends BEFORE I bought the 3525 ?!?

&

You can ask a old Rolex watchmaker to give half an answer to my underline theory, post it without official
    approval on the net, claiming it's a official Rolex answer you delivered...let the collecting community think
    you are the Rolex God that solved the mystery about "underline" but within 3 weeks the official Rolex answer
    on "underline' is, they officially don't know!! ;)

So honestly, why should anybody take you serieus after this debacle ?! With other words; WTF do you know?!

Philipp

9. submariner gilberto
        +1   -1

User deleted

10. Philip*
        +1   -1

User deleted

Dont feel attacked Philipp, it is just a simple question with still no reasonable answer.

Why not the nicer curved text when same serial and even older Oyster chronos already had it?

As for the other part of your remark and with all the respect due to "Jason" who received an answer from the "Rolex Consumer service", let just say different people asking - different answer from a different source. I'm afraid jason received one of the many standard and ready made Rolex answers. In 25 years I never been in contact with any "customer service" in Geneva.

If you want to join me I will be returning to the Rolex Patrimoine department next May. Will you be there? :-)

And pls stop crying again, the question was not directed to you but to members of this forum. Thanks for understanding that and for understanding that I dont attack this dial I just want to understand
    why this flat text?

11. philippstahl
        +1   -1

User deleted

If the given explaination is as always to difficult to understand for you, why not ask
    your direct source at Rolex instead of trying not to look stupid again, you hypocrite!
    To be honest, I'm VERY surprised Geneva still talk to you after your false statements :(
    If you want to ask the 'italian collectors' something, start your own post and pass on mine!!

NO regards!
    Philipp

12. Philip*
        +1   -1

User deleted

You act like a child once again!
    Richard Carver (VRF owner) authenticated the Rolex source, he had name and service authentication from where came the info:

"Underline has nothing to do with lume material"
    Here is RICHARD CARVER’S POST (in a locked thread):

Confirmation of Philip's response from Rolex...
    February 9 2011 at 11:18 AM
    Richard Carver Richard Carver (Premier Login VintageRolexForum)
    Forum Owner
    from IP address 76.184.67.163
    I can confirm Philip has received the email he said he did with the exact wording he stated originally. you can all continue to believe as you wish about the subject itself but there is no doubt that this articular part of the story happened as stated.

End of the story!

13. philippstahl
        +1   -1

User deleted

It's all BULLSHIT and besides YOU know it, YOU also directed it!! It's BAD for our beloved hobby
    Is O&P your new home from where you operate? Are you not welcome any more on VRF !?!
    Stop stalking me, start your own posts, I won't comment... till you start bragging again and tell lies ;)

14. philippstahl
        +1   -1

User deleted

;)

15. jatucka
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Philip* @ 11/4/2011, 21:26) 

Philip, you are welcome here

but please do not bring here your personal problems with Philipp

please

cheers.